day at the beach


I was gifted an easel for Christmas and decided to try it out on a Saturday afternoon. It has a bunch of folding parts and little pockets for stuff. I felt bad about getting paint on the corner after my first painting. Life was crazy at that time. Other rooms of the house were filling with boxes. I didn't know where I was going to hang this in a month but felt it needed to be created. Recently I watched a Bob Ross tutorial where he talked about being in the military. He said that he would come home and paint the type of world he wanted to live in. One without people yelling all day and I am sure without gunfire. On a canvas you get to create the type of world you want. The world for me was insane at that time. The beach was the one place in the world that seemed sane. I feared so much losing it, so would make trips out in January as often as possible. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is personal

Shroom Beach

Dad In His Chair