Dad In His Chair

Michael's has a sale this weekend. 70% off canvases and a bunch of other deals. I guess they don't think that dudes shop there. Jokes on them! With my first one I decided before my morning walk to paint a picture of my dad. It comes from a photo I grew up seeing. In the photo he's sitting in one of those 70s egg chairs with the speakers on the side. I actually still have the chair. In the painting I didn't put eyes on dad. That's because I never got to know what color they were. He died a year after I was born. At 43 now without children of my own I feel people on seeing this being a hallmark holiday. Truth be told they all are in some ways marketing ploys. But they are also times to reflect and give thanks for where this journey has brought each of us. Mine has me thinking I might try out another photo for a closer look at that face at some point. I did pick up some paint and canvases.... #shamanicinnovations  #blackartists #folkart #happyfathersday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is personal

Glow in the dark blacklight swipe acrylic pouring